I want to be your doula because I believe in your instincts to birth your baby.
Birth is beautiful. Birth is raw and primal.
Navigating our maternal health care system can sometimes be confusing. I’m here to take out the confusion. To help you make informed choices. To make your voice heard. To support you with complementary therapies. To make sure that when you have birthed your baby you remember the experience as positive and full of magic.
In addition to birth doula services, I offer a 3 hour antenatal session for those who do not want a doula present at their birth, but who would like support preparing for their birth.
I am also working with newborn mothers and mothers who have travelled the path of parenthood before in the postpartum period. After training with Julia Jones from Newborn Mothers I am offering personalised postpartum packages. These are tailored specifically to your needs – see below for more info.
For more information please contact me.
3 hour antenatal session
- preparation of a comprehensive birth plan so that you feel confident your choices will be listened to and respected in the birth space
- tips and tools you and your birth support person can use in labour to help with pain relief and baby’s positioning for an easier, instinct driven labour and birth
- on going email support through your pregnancy
- access to my private facebook support group for as long as you wish
- set of birth affirmation cards
- Initial no obligation meeting (one hour)
- Two prenatal visits (up to two hours each) including preparation of your birth plan
- Use of labour TENS machine
- Use of the CUB (Comfortable Upright Birth Support)
- Discounted price for placenta preparation services
- On call between 38 – 42 weeks
- Comprehensive skillset and tools including acupressure and massage, rebozo and Spinning Babies techniques
- Back-up doula in case of long labour over 15 hours or extraordinary circumstances eg. illness (if required)
- Immediate postpartum support after birth 1-2 hours if needed
- One postpartum visit within 2 weeks after birth (up to two hours)
- Unlimited phone and email support through to postpartum visit
- Access to my pregnancy, birth and parenting resource library
- Access to my private Facebook support group for as long as you wish
- Set of birth affirmation cards
- Add postnatal services if required
honouring the mother - postnatal doula package
A package tailored to you and your needs. Becoming a mother, whether it be for the first, second or beyond time, is a time for nourishment and bonding with your baby. I recognise that each person’s needs are individual, which is why I will meet with you beforehand – obligation free – to discuss your hopes, dreams and worries for the postpartum period and work with you to develop a beautiful, tailored package for YOU.
Let’s talk about how your postpartum can be a wonderfully supported, nourishing, love filled bubble where you can focus on getting to know your baby.
Why I am the doula for YOU
You want your choices to be respected, because birth is a sacred experience and trusting those in your birth space is essential
You want to be listened to, and for your wants and needs to be recognised
You want the latest information and research so that you can always make an informed decision
You want to be supported and encouraged to birth the way you believe is possible
You believe birth is a positive and beautiful experience and want to experience your birth in this way
You want to have alternative therapy options available to you during pregnancy and labour