My name is Odile Chaperon,
mother to a spirited toddler named Elodie, qualified naturopath, APPA certified placenta arts specialist, birth doula and Hypnobirthing Australia certified practitioner. I am a lover of the alternative, and natural therapies are my first port of call when healing and support are needed. Baby wearing, gentle parenting, plant based eating, purchasing lots of books and excessive sun basking are some of the other things that occupy my time.
Where it started
Studying naturopathy in 2009 ignited a tiny spark that gradually grew and really took off with the birth of my daughter in 2016. My mindset and the way I approach life stems from naturopathic philosophies – how can things be done naturally, what are the alternatives we can try before resorting to conventional medicine? Since the birth of my daughter in 2016 I have learnt and continue to learn so many things about our birth culture, and want to share that knowledge with you.
My mission is to provide you with up to date information and resources for pregnancy, labour, birth and parenting so that you know what your options are and can make an informed and supported choice. All women have a voice – I want YOU to have a say and for your voice to be heard. Not just relating to pregnancy and birth, but throughout life as well.
How can I support you as your doula?
- I have a comprehensive toolkit and skill set so that I can provide you with alternative options for pain relief during labour, advocate for and support a natural birth, and better support your choices.
- I stay up to date with the latest research on pregnancy and birth so that the information you need to make an informed decision is readily available to you if you need it.
- I am non-judgemental and open minded. This means the support you receive from me is unconditional and you can feel relaxed knowing that I will back you up and encourage you with all of your choices.
- I have a diverse resource library, so that you can access quality resources without having to spend additional money.
- I provide access to a private Facebook group for clients only which enables you to receive ongoing support from myself and other likeminded mothers throughout your pregnancy and into the postpartum period, for as long as you would like.
- As a qualified naturopath, I can offer you naturopathic support during your pregnancy and postpartum period, either as an alternative or in addition to conventional medical treatment for any concerns that may arise or just general well-being.
- I am an APPA certified placenta arts specialist, so you have access to trustworthy and reliable encapsulation services if you choose to use them, at a discounted rate.
Education and training
May 2019 Optimal Maternal Positioning Workshop with Ginny Phang
Dec 2018 Hypnobirthing Australia Childbirth Educator Practitioner training
Sept 2018 Newborn Mothers Postpartum Professional Training
July 2018 Doula training, Doula Training Academy
June 2018 Spinning Babies Workshop with approved trainer Ginny Phang
March 2018 APPA Certified Placenta Arts Specialist
2014 Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine, AIHFE (formerly AIHM)
2014 Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, AIHFE (formerly AIHM)
2009 Bachelor of Science, Charles Sturt University
APPA – Association of Placenta Preparation Arts
Placenta Services Australia
NHAA – National Herbalists Association of Australia
Doula Network Australia